Saturday, August 18, 2007

There'll be ...

... ups and downs, smiles and frowns ...

What do i mean by that?? Well, for the past 2 weeks i ran like a demon on full tilt, this week it was like i was trying to run through a brick wall! Nothing was working for me at all. My semi-bluffs/draws missed, when i had my money in ahead i ended up behind. In all i dropped $700 from the full tilt account. I got some genuinely sick beats. No 60/40 bullshit.

Flop the nuts and lose to a 4 outer!
I fail to see how bpl21 got $60+ into this pot with 3rd pair and a gut shot (not a double belly buster!).

Bottom set and second nut flush draw to top 2 pair.

I don't want to bore anyone too much by going through a sickening run of 50/50s that i've lost. When coming in for half a buy in at $0.50/$1 its hard to avoid them. Perhaps playing for a full buy in at $0.25/$0.50 is worth dropping down to. Guess i was asking for trouble since i was playing outside of my bankroll rules. Thats the risk i guess when playing too high. My confidence at the tables took a hit from this 'bad run' and my play deteriorated as a result. Playing passive in wrong spots and too aggressive in others, etc.

I switched to playing on stars again recently and took a major hit worth -$400. The balance on stars now lies at $600 and the full tilt roll is also on $600. I haven't posted my checkyourbets graph before. It only covers my progress/regression on stars and i have not been tracking my full tilt progress on it. Its a bit late to start doing that now.



The main thing different i need to do right now is slow down(once again) and drop limits to $0.25/$0.50. I made a decision before to play fewer and longer sessions which i think has not been working for me in the long run. I'm going to switch this up to more frequent and shorter sessions. Even though the thought of playing a stop-win irritates me, its seems the better choice to bag a couple winning sessions and stay fresh at the tables. I know i can play top quality poker but periods of fatigue and a lack of concentration means that intermittently some sessions can be very costly. This new approach is an attempt to reduce these bankroll burners. During these types of sessions i find myself completely oblivious as to who the target is at the table. The most likely explanation is that i become the target when playing so bad =(

Current Balance: ~$1200

8 comments:

Burdamania said...

Really gotta fold 22xx preflop IMO, even though you had a great hand on that flop small pairs suck ass when someone has a higher set.

20kmission said...

yeah i agree totally, i rarely play small pairs unless they have connectors with em. But my hands were tied here since i was in the bb facing a min raise, i think i had to see a flop.

I see from your blog you play a bit of PLO, link exchange?

pokersked.com said...

Great going, good luck with the mission! For free cash perhaps you should try the $11 omaha hi lo LM and PL SNGs on Party, they can be annoyingly slow to fill but once they do the "I thought this was a NL game" and "this is bollox" will make it worth it! It could at least be beer money. Otherwise I'm hear to ask if you would check out my site www.pokersked.com and add a link or at least some suggestions... If not, good luck with the mission :) I've added a link to your blog from mine..

portdeco20 said...

sorry to hear about the beats man, unlucky. Ive had my fair share aswell, especially omaha aswell, with so many draws its hard to get away from bad beats, atb

VENOM_G said...

Nice blog mate, unlucky with your recent run on fulltilt. I've created my blog recently, wondering if you wanted to swap links. Keep it up and good luck with your mission!

http://venomg.blogspot.com/

GusX42 said...

Hey

How the run going, did you get over the negativ varians..

Kirby the German Roofer said...

Roofer here (BurnleyMicks Brother) Just wondering if you could pop by my blog have a read and maybe link me up if you like what you see. Cheers

http://germanroofer.blogspot.com/

MaxSquat said...

cool spreadsheet graph...what is it?

I'm in the process of revamping my omaha blog... if you know of any other omaha blogs that I can add to my link list then pls do share...